Tuesday 17 February 2015

Raw till 4... Then Pancakes


So it's day one of my new weightloss plan. I'm going to trial the vegan 'raw til 4' meal plan. I think this meal plan is fab because incorporates two vegan lifestyles. It includes the raw vegan lifestyle, but just until 4 pm.

People following this diet usually start their day off with a large smoothie containing 10 bananas, have a large salad for lunch and snack on fruits such as figs, mango's and dates. And then 4 pm hits and you are free to cook away! For example, cook sweet potatoes, quinoa, pasta... PANCAKES! (we'll get onto pancakes in a minute)

However, some people following this meal plan opt for the monomeal at lunch time. This means eating just one item for lunch, such as eating 6 mangoes. While this is interesting and easy to eat, I don't like the idea of this. For starters, I don't think I'd like to eat that many of one thing in one go, I'd just get bored and not want to eat. But I will give it a try one day... Maybe. Then, think about it? That'd be like a 800 calorie lunch... Like really? I want to lose weight, not eat my weight in one item. I suppose with lots of exercise that'd be good, but hmm... na.

So anyway, today I have eaten bananas, salad and PANCAKES. I have had a very busy day and haven't actually eaten much. I was just looking forward to eating my whole calorie intake in pancakes tonight. Yeah, I was pretty excited for pancake day today. This year is the first time I am making pancakes, and actually eating pancakes for a few years (due to my ed) so it is safe to say I was pretty excited for this. I decided to make an adaption of a Banana Pancake recipe I found on the Internet. So, how did it turn out?.....

... Okay, so they taste fabulous! but... They don't look great. Here's the recipe. I will keep working on it and update again with an improved recipe and much better looking pancakes.



  • 120g Buckwheat Flour 
  • 125ml Unsweetened Almond Milk 
  • 1/2 tbsp Truvia 
  • 1/2 Banana 
  • 1 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/2 tsp Cinnamon 
  • 1/2 Banana for the top 




Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowel.


Mash half of the banana, and mix with the almond milk. 

Add oil to the pan and heat it up. Add half of the batter into the pan when it is sizzling into 3 pancake shapes. And keep turning over until cooked.  


Add the rest of the banana to the top and taaa daaaa! My rubbish looking, odd shaped pancakes. 


So they look rather bad... but they tasted incredibly good. So bothered?????? 

I challenge you to make your own, any recipe, any ingredients and take a picture! Be proud of your pancakes however bad they look. 

Enjoy the rest of your pancake day. Catch you tomorrow.
 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Ayse Lulu | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig